Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

"The Wedding" (some makeup and hair looks from movie)















































Sorry for the delay in in post dolls and kens, I've been working on some projects and now I can share them with you guys. I was the Key Makeup/hair artist for this film, meaning I created all the looks and concepts. The looks varies from super natural, (no makeup, makeup look), to Hollywood glam, and traditional African looks. It was such a pleasant experience and the crew, well let's say the "family" was awesome.
How to achieve the look; For the "Hollywood Glam" look, choose a beautiful red lip from your favorite makeup line. It can be a lipstick, lip gloss, or even a lip stain all would work, but you must be sure to know which red works for you. "How do I know which red works for me?" For blonds, I usually choose a orange/red, and for brunettes, I like to go with a blue/red, and for deeper toned women, I love cranberry tones or red wine (deeper reds) colors. It's important to know that there are always exceptions. For the eyes, keep them pretty neutral and add that signature black liner with the wing tip. A lot of people have difficulty getting the wing perfectly lined, but it takes a lot of practice and patients. Be sure to define the brow as well to frame the eyes and face, and for a finishing touch, add a bit of blush in the pink family to balance out the bolder hues with the neutral tones. More "how to" images and videos to come....
In no particular order; Esosa Edosomwan(actress/writer), Hannah Louise Wilson(actress), Gbenga Akinnagbe(actor)
Director: Femi Aabavewa







No comments:

Post a Comment