Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Toned Skies"


Opened my eyes as my alarm went off...
dazed, but very aware of my mission...
Walked through the apartment, feeling a sense of serenity,
not really sure why.
Turn the shower handle to the right, and allowed the steam to fill the bathroom,
as I looked in the mirror, my reflection started to become vague and so did my thoughts.
Pulled back the shower curtain, now water cascading on my face, my body, water cascading.
Towel dried off, then put on the clothes that made the mood of the moment feel confirmed.
Keys, don't forget my keys, my mind telling me don't forget.....
I see myself moving, grabbing my bottle of water, putting on my bag, I see myself,
but outside of me.
I go with the feeling, I nourish it.
It makes my body feel as if I am in a drunken state, but still able to not fall off the cloud.
Exit the building, My eyes instantly rolled toward the sky like they always do...
I squint, thinking "the sky has tones of gray, but the sun still shines".
How can that be, how could the two exist at the same time? Should I expect rain?,
Or should I continue on my journey with my sunglasses...
Step, Step, Step, I feel myself walking but I only see the sky.
How beautiful.
A myriad of different tones of gray clouds, highlighted by the one sun.
How beautiful.
The contrast, the difference, the two things that shouldn't be in one sky...
I wish I could have been up there, sitting up close, and watching God's work happen
To actually be in a place where no one, questions the different.
When I looked up, I could not deny the difference, and I couldn't deny the beauty of it all...
My eyes only saw Toned Skies........

No comments:

Post a Comment